First Step is a proud provider of the ResetLife Program, a free, abstinence-based group therapy for all drug and alcohol addiction. Developed over decades in the US, where it is known as the Matrix, ResetLife is an intensive, highly-structured outpatient program that includes individual, group, and family education sessions. The program guides clients through real-life situations, giving them information and skills to help them regain control over their drug and alcohol use.
First Step is committed to the philosophy of harm minimisation and is excited to include the ResetLife treatment modality for those ready to extend their treatment goals.
The ResetLife team have the full support of highly qualified addiction, mental health and even legal staff to deliver this program in a powerfully effective way.
The availability of programs such as this is an exciting development not only for First Step, but for the sector more broadly.
Key things to know about the program:
- The program is for people 18 years and over who have a severe substance use disorder and who live and work in South Eastern Melbourne
- Participants require basic English literacy to properly make use of the program
- If the primary drug of concern is methamphetamines, opiates, alcohol and/or benzodiazepines participants must have undergone withdrawal from the substance
- participants must have a commitment to recovery
- participants must have a commitment to attend the program, on time, 3 times per week for 16 weeks
- participants must be willing to discuss drug and alcohol use
- participants must be willing to involve family or other supports
Referrals can be made by anyone including GP's, other health professionals, social services, other organisations, self referral, family members or other key supports.
For more information please refer to the brochure below, or contact First Step on 03 9537 3177
*First Step is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the South East Melbourne PHN