ResetLife is a free, abstinence-based, alcohol and drug treatment program, based on the Matrix Treatment Model.
It involves 16 weeks of structured, intensive, outpatient treatment, followed by 36 weeks of continuing care. During the intensive phase, clients attend group sessions three days per week, as well as periodic individual sessions.
The program guides clients through real life situations, providing information and skills to help them regain control over their drug and alcohol use. It consists of educational groups (early recovery skills, relapse prevention skills), family education groups, individual counselling and social support.
First Step is funded by the Australian Government via the South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network to deliver ResetLife.
Who is ResetLife for?
ResetLife is for people aged 18 years and over, who have a severe substance use disorder and live or work in South Eastern Melbourne.
Participants typically enter the program after a withdrawal period and the expectation is that they maintain abstinence for the duration of the program.
Participants must also have:
• basic English literacy and a willingness to participate in group discussion
• a commitment to recovery
• a commitment to attend on time, 3 times per week for 16 weeks
• a willingness to involve family or other supports
How to access ResetLife?
Participants can self-refer, or referrals can come from family, GPs, or anyone else with client consent.
To make a referral:
• Call the First Step ResetLife team on 03 9537 3177 or email them at [email protected]
• Call the South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network on 1800 862 363
You can learn more about ResetLife by watching this video