First Step has a multi-disciplinary team of GPs, psychologists, psychiatrists, lawyers, mental health nurses, care coordinators, counsellors and psycho-social workers.
We provide services for free, from one team, at one site. And you don’t need a referral.
You must call Reception on 03 9537 3177 to make an appointment. Sometimes we have a waiting list.
We promise you:
• A non-judgemental, friendly attitude
• Clear, easy to understand communication
• A consistent effort to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
In return, we expect you to:
• Attend appointments on time, or call if you are running late or need to reschedule
• Honest communication
• A respectful, friendly attitude
• Remember to bring your Medicare Care and Health Care Card if you have one
First Step is open:
|Monday||9am - 5pm|
|Tuesday||9am - 5pm|
|Wednesday||9am - 5pm|
|Thursday||9am - 5pm|
|Friday||9am - 5pm|
First Step is closed on the following public holidays:
|New Year's Day||Monday 3 Jan (observed)|
|Australia Day||Wednesday 26 Jan|
|Labour Day||Monday 14 Mar|
|Good Friday||Friday 15 Apr|
|Easter Monday||Monday 18 Apr|
|ANZAC Day||Monday 25 Apr|
|Queen's Birthday||Monday 13 Jun|
|Grand Final Friday||Friday 30 Sep (tbc)|
|Melbourne Cup||Tuesday 1 Nov|
|Boxing Day||Monday 26 Dec|
|Christmas Day||Tuesday 27 Dec (observed)|
First Step does not provide after hours or emergency advice or support. Should you need support when we are closed, please call the Home Doctor Service on 13 74 25 or 000 for emergencies.