Primary Therapist – Intensive Outpatient Program
First Step is looking for an exceptional individual to join a new team whose collective role will be to deliver an abstinence based treatment program.
This new program will offer the opportunity to add an extra treatment modality to your portfolio. The right person will have an attitude of unconditional positive regard for both co-workers and clients, an open mind and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile.’ You will be excited to develop new skills and inspired by the opportunity to deliver new treatment option to clients. Most importantly you will thrive on working in a highly collaborative setting.
This is a rare opportunity for the right individual to work alongside and learn from the highly experienced addiction medicine practitioners of First Step that includes: doctors, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, caseworkers and lawyers among others.
Applications should provide a cover letter that addresses the following Key Selection Criteria (see below), a recent (up to date) resume and 2 professional references.
**Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Outline your qualifications and experience in Drug and Alcohol treatment (refer Position Description)
- Outline your qualifications and experience of psychological therapies (refer Position Description)
- Compare and contrast your values with those of First Step (as you understand them to be)
- Articulate your ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team. Describe your ability to move between different treatment modalities (addiction medicine).
- Describe your willingness and ability to adhere to a prescribed treatment program while treating all individuals with dignity and compassion.
- Outline your recent or ongoing professional development goals
This role is offered on a full time contract basis (6+12 months) EFT 1.0
Competitive Salary Sacrifice options apply
Applications should be emailed as follows:
REF: RSL/Primary Therapist
Note: First Step is an independent not-for-profit organisation that provides a safe and nurturing work environment for people of all backgrounds, genders, religions, sexualities, ethnicities or any other factor.