First Step is open during usual business hours every weekday Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
First Step is a not-for-profit mental health, addiction and legal services hub in St Kilda. We operate a bulk-billing GP and allied health clinic, a pro bono legal service and many other services free to all Victorians.
First Step brings compassion and non-judgement to accessible, non-residential primary care. We offer an integrated combination of services that is truly unique in Australia. It’s easy to get help from First Step because:
- Our services are free at the point of delivery (no cost to clients)
- You don’t need a referral
- It doesn’t matter where you live
The wrap-around model of service delivery at First Step is truly unique. Here’s the team:
- GPs (general medicine, replacement pharmacotherapy, women’s health and more)
- Mental Health Nurses
- First Step Legal (advice, referral and representation)
- Care Coordinators
- Case Managers
- Drug and Alcohol workers
- Healthy Liver Clinic (Hep C nurses and specialists)
- Work and Development Program (fine reduction)
- ResetLife - intensive outpatient program for those who seek to extend their treatment journey
- NPS - National Psychosocial Flexible Funding Brokerage to help out when you hit those bumps in the road.
To learn more about any of the services offered by First Step click here.
Click here to see our client brochure.