First Step is open during usual business hours every weekday Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
First Step is a pioneer in the delivery of client focused, collaborative, team care. What does that mean? It means that we not only understand the inherent complexity of mental health and substance use disorders (SUD’s) but that for the last 20 years we have actively pursued innovative, sensible ways to effectively address the needs of this group of highly vulnerable people.
There is no ‘wrong door’ when you arrive at First Step. Regardless of the initial reason for your visit our experienced practitioners will spend time understanding your needs before assembling a specialised team around you. This team could be drawn from any of the following practitioners:
- GPs (general medicine, replacement pharmacotherapy, women’s health and more)
- Mental Health Nurses
- First Step Legal (criminal and family violence specialists for advice, referral and representation)
- Care Coordinators
- Case Managers
- Drug and Alcohol workers
- Healthy Liver Clinic (Hep C nurses and specialists)
- Work and Development Program (fine reduction)
- ResetLife - intensive outpatient program for those who seek to extend their treatment journey
- NPS - National Psychosocial Flexible Funding Brokerage to help out when you hit those bumps in the road.
Our services are free at the point of delivery (no cost to clients), you don’t need a referral, and aside from a couple of exceptions, it doesn’t matter where you live
The team care model of service delivered at First Step is truly unique.
To learn more about any of the services offered by First Step click here.
Click here to see our client brochure.