Flexible Funding Brokerage (FFB) is designed to help people with severe and complex mental health to overcome financial barriers to recovery. It is intended to complement existing clinical mental health treatment plans and broader physical health and/or social support programs.
The focus of this program should be on developing capacity and connectedness during short periods of need. It is not designed to provide ongoing support.
The focus of Flexible Funding Brokerage (FFB) is to:
- To build individual capacity (skills, resilience and social connectedness)
- To provide short-term support
The aim is that this service will provide a flexible and integrated response during times when other treatment from other services is not forthcoming or appropriate. This facility is intended to link clinical services and care coordination with other services in order to build pathways to self directed, ongoing support.
For some examples of how this support measure can be applied click here.
To be eligible to receive a Flexible Funding Brokerage service, a consumer must:
- reside, study or work within the City of Port Phillip, The City of Stonnington, The City of Glen Eira or the City of Bayside, and
- have a Health Care Card, and/or
- not be able to afford similar services, and
- have a diagnosed Mental Illness including Substance Use Disorder
- not be eligible for National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Referrals can come from a variety of sources:
- Mental Health Integrated Complex Care (MHICC) team
- Mental Health and AOD workers
- Self referral via contact with First Step
Instructions for Practitioners:
(A) For the initial application please complete the SEMPHN Mental Health Referral Form (below):
(B) Please email to: [email protected]
(C) First Step will then contact the referrer (by email or phone) for next steps
*NB it is important that we have written permission to speak with the referrer about the client - please ensure that this has been correctly filled out (see last page of the SEMPHN Referral form).