First Step is looking for an exceptional individual to join our ResetLife team as the AOD Family Specialist. The aim of this role is to deliver an abstinence-based treatment program according to a prescribed treatment protocol. The AOD Family Specialist will facilitate family education groups and may be utilised to supervise social support groups and assist with ongoing client engagement as appropriate.
The ResetLife program will offer the opportunity to add an extra treatment modality to your portfolio. The right person for this role will have an attitude of unconditional positive regard for both co-workers and clients, an open mind and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile.’ You will be excited to develop new skills and inspired by the opportunity to deliver a new treatment option to clients. Most importantly you will thrive on working in a highly collaborative setting.
This is a rare opportunity for the right individual to work alongside and learn from the highly experienced addiction medicine practitioners of First Step that includes: doctors, mental health nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, caseworkers and lawyers among others.
Applications should provide a cover letter that addresses the following Key Selection Criteria (see below), a recent (up to date) resume and 2 professional references.
*Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Outline your qualifications and experience in the delivery of clinical interventions (CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Motivational Enhancement Therapy, etc) with people and families experiencing complex alcohol and other drugs use (refer Position Description)
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the physiology of addiction (refer Position Description)
- Demonstrated expertise in family systems
- Demonstrated experience in group facilitation
- Articulate your ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team. Describe your ability to move between different treatment modalities (addiction medicine)
- Describe your willingness and ability to adhere to a prescribed treatment program while treating all individuals with dignity and compassion
- Compare and contrast your values with those of First Step (as you understand them to be)
- Outline your recent or ongoing professional development goals.
This role is offered on a part time contract basis until 01 July 2023, EFT 0.5
Competitive salary sacrificing benefits apply
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria
- Up to date CV
- Details of 2 professional referees
*Find the full Position Description here
Applications should be emailed to:
REF: RSL/Family Therapist
Note: First Step is an independent not-for-profit organisation that provides a safe and nurturing work environment for people of all backgrounds, genders, religions, sexualities, ethnicities or any other factor.