First Step is a not-for-profit mental health, addiction and legal services hub in St Kilda. We operate a bulk-billing GP and allied health clinic, a pro bono legal service and many other services free to all Victorians.
First Step brings compassion and non-judgement to accessible, non-residential primary care. We offer an integrated combination of services that is truly unique in Australia. It’s easy to get help from First Step because:
- Our services are free at the point of delivery (no cost to clients)
- You don’t need a referral
- It doesn’t matter where you live
- We’re open late three days a week
The wrap-around model of service delivery at First Step is truly unique. Here’s the team:
- GPs (general medicine, replacement pharmacotherapy, women’s health and more)
- Mental Health Nurses
- First Step Legal (advice, referral and representation)
- Care Coordinators
- Case Managers
- Drug and Alcohol workers
- Healthy Liver Clinic (Hep C nurses and specialists)
- Work and Development Program (fine reduction)
To learn more about our clinical services (medicine, mental health, addiction) click here.
To learn more about First Step Legal and other non-clinical services click here.
Click here to see our client brochure.