Mental Health Integrated Complex Care - MHICC
For people with complex mental health needs and who live, work, study or volunteer in the City of Port Phillip, First Step could be exactly the right organisation to help. We have Mental Health Nurses and Care Coordinators in our Mental Health Integrated Complex Care program, and First Step also has on-site clinical and counselling psychologists and consultant psychiatrists.
Who are First Step MHICC services for?
MHICC services are for people who;
- Live work or volunteer in the City of Port Phillip, and
- Have a health care card or who can't afford/access similar services
- Are NOT current participants in the NDIS and Partners in Recovery (PiR)
MHICC servcies are for people with a severe mental illness. To be eligible for services, people will need to have the following:
- A diagnosis of severe mental illness that is significantly impacting their life; have complex needs; and be at risk of hospitalisation, and
- A GP, psychiatrist or relevant healthcare practitioner managing their care, and
- A current GP Mental Health Treatment Plan or equivalent plan.
The number to call to refer someone for MHICC services is 1800 862 363
If you, or someone you know, is struggling to access a relevant health care provider for diagnosis and/or a care plan, call us at First Step: 9537 3177.
First Step is funded for this work by the South Eastern Melbourne PHN. Click here to visit their MHICC website.
Click here to view our MHICC brochure.